Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting TIMES NEWS to 80360, or email us
The Holmewood School
A Co-Educational Preparatory Day School
A New Approach To Special Needs Education
The Holmewood School, London (THSL) in North London opens its doors to pupils with Special Educational Needs in September 2010.
THSL is a co-educational day school for students aged between 7 and 18. It is situated just 7 miles from the centre of London and has been in existence as a school for more than 125 years. THSL has developed from a private girl’s school to being a traditional preparatory school before being linked to an International Baccalaureate World School and finally evolving as a school for specialised learning. Today THSL has links with schools locally and internationally and it offers access to experts and to ways of unlocking individual potential.
THSL is based around a large Victorian house on a quiet suburban street next to Woodside Park Underground Station. It combines the best of traditional values with a contemporary approach to learning and recognition of the need for global mindedness and preparation for the 21st Century workplace.
The Holmewood School, London offers:
- A setting that parallels mainstream and prepares students for re-entry to it or for further study elsewhere.
- An innovative and stimulating programme combining inquiry based learning, academic and social development, enrichment activities and specialised intervention.
- A rich, developmentally appropriate curriculum which produces academic achievers and well rounded, socially balanced students.
- A positive and supportive learning environment which fosters independence, confidence and self esteem.
- A high teacher-student ratio which ensures individualised attention.
- A target for all students to reach their full potential and to become lifelong learners able to advocate effectively for themselves as they grow.
THSL believes that every child with learning differences can learn and achieve with the support of a community dedicated to specialised teaching, co-operation, partnership, compassion and respect. With knowledge and experience of working with high functioning children who have a range of needs including autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia, low self esteem and other global developmental delays THSL provides individual programmes and the complete package for achieving success.
The approach at THSL is grounded in the principles of self-esteem, personal and social responsibility, the importance of diversity and the value of community service. The prime target is to enable all THSL students to gain college and university admission in the UK, US and worldwide or to be well prepared for the world of work. Challenging ‘failure’ and building on ‘strengths’ THSL cherishes the uniqueness of each individual.
For information contact the Director of Admissions on 020 8920 0637 or email email@example.com
The Holmewood School
88 Woodside Park Road
t 020 8920 0637
Enter your postcode, town or place name