Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting TIMES NEWS to 80360, or upload here
Published by Quirk Marshmallow Madness costs £10.99 and is available from booksellers or through Amazon.
4½ teaspoons unflavoured powdered gelatin,
4½ oz sugar
4oz Grade A dark or Grade B maple syrup
2 fl ozs light corn syrup
2fl oz water
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ oz finely chopped candied bacon
2oz Classic Coating plus more for dusting
• Lightly coat an 8inx8in baking pan with cooking spray. Whisk together the gelatin and cold water in a small bowl. Let it soften for 5 minutes.
• Stir together the sugar, maple syrup, corn syrup, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
• Bring it to a boil stirring occasionally, until it hits 240°F.
• Be prepared to lower the heat as needed – this syrup likes to bubble up.
• Microwave the gelatin on high until completely melted (30secs). Pour it into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
• Set the mixer to low and keep it running. When the syrup reaches 240°F, slowly pour it into the mixer bowl.
• Increase the speed to medium and beat for 5 minutes. Increase to medium-high and beat for 3 more minutes. Add the cinnamon, increase to the highest speed, and beat for 1 minute more.
• Quickly fold in the bacon bits. Pour the marshmallow into the prepared pan.
• Sift coating over top. Let it set for 6 hours in a cool, dry place.
• Use a knife to loosen the marshmallow from the edges of the pan. Invert the slab onto a work surface. Cut it into pieces and dust them with more coating.