Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting TIMES NEWS to 80360, or email us
Seven from Edgware, Mill Hill and Kensington arrested in major UK Border Agency smuggling operation
Seven people, including six from Mill Hill and Edgware, have been arrested on suspicion of helping to smuggle immigrants into the country.
The UK Border Agency made the arrests during a series of raids early yesterday morning as part of a major investigation into an organised crime gang.
The arrests were made in connection with a gang assisting Iranian migrants reach the UK from mainland Europe with transport and false documents.
The investigation involved members of the Spanish Guardia Civil and the assistance of airlines including Ryanair.
Those arrested were:
• A 56-year-old male at an address in Engel Park, Mill Hill
• A 29-year-old male at a second address in Engel Park, Mill Hill
• A 23-year-old female at the second address in Engel Park, Mill Hill
• A 23-year-old male at the second address in Engel Park, Mill Hill
• A 46-year-old male at an address in Kensington
• A 38-year-old male at an address in Peacock Close, Mill Hill
• A 44-year-old-male at an address in Edgware
Computers, documents and mobile phones were seized from a number of addresses and all those arrested are currently being questioned at a central London police station.