Another car has crashed in a Mill Hill road that residents claim is dangerous for pedestrians.
A black ford escort collided with a parked car in Partingdale Lane at around 1.30pm, on Sunday, spinning off into a lampost and sending the parked car into a ditch.
Police attended the scene but no one was hurt in the accident, the fourth since the lane reopened last year.
A series of accidents prompted Barnet Council to close the narrow, winding lane as a through road for four years and it was opened following £250,000-worth of safety improvements.
Residents of Partingdale Lane claim the improvements, which included traffic islands, pavements and width restrictions, are inadequate and the road is still dangerous.
Geoff Woyder, of Partingdale Lane, said: “Thank God there were no pedestrians walking on the pavement at the time or they’d have been completely wiped out.
“People are using it as a rat-run once again and they’re certainly not adhering to any speed limit. At the speed people are going there’s no room for error of judgement.”
Another resident, who did not want to be named, added: “The car must have been driving at a hell of a speed. This is our worst nightmare.
“We’ve been saying all along that it’s a dangerous road. The police and the council know it is too but no one seems to want to do anything about it.
“It shows you the pavement doesn’t make a pedestrian’s life any safer.”
A council spokesman said the circumstancs surrounding the accident are being investigated by the authority and police.
He added: “Any road accidents are a concern for the council and, as a matter of course, whenever we are made aware of an accident anywhere in the borough we routinely review safety measures in the
vicinity which we did promptly in this case.
“We don't believe there are currently any further measures that need to be introduced in Partingdale Lane but will continue to monitor the location.”