Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting TIMES NEWS to 80360, or email us
Angry shouts as Brent Cross Cricklewood meeting postponed
UPSET members of the public shouted “disgrace” as they left a meeting this evening after a decision on plans to redevelop the Brent Cross Cricklewood site was deferred.
Barnet Council's planning committee decided to push the meeting for the £4.5bn project back by a month to give members and the public more time to inspect the 800 page planning document.
However, disgruntled protesters who had come from across north London to witness the meeting were left with only an apology from chairman councillor Margaret Braun.
She said: “I would also like to add my apologies but I'm sure you would all prefer a proper decision rather than one taken with certain answers missing.
“We need to make sure everything that needs to be on the table will be.”
Councillor Jack Cohen told the chairman he was disappointed to read the decision would not be taken this evening from the Hendon and Finchley Times website yesterday, rather than by a direct correspondence.
He said he had been “busting a gut” to read the weighty brief since it was released last Tuesday and asked extra representations be sent out as soon as possible.
Before the meeting members of a coalition against the proposals held a demonstration outside the town hall, pushing for a public inquiry into the proposals for the 151 hectare site.
The decision is now expected to be taken at a meeting on October 20.
For more details on the application and reaction click the link below to visit our dedicated Brent Cross Cricklewood section.
Comments are closed on this article.