There was not a frown, or a cloud, in sight this afternoon as the Queen came to Harrow to mark her 60 years on the throne.

Her Majesty, accompanied by Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, visited Krishna Avanti School, in Camrose Avenue, Edgware.

Harrow was one of three London boroughs selected to host Her Majesty for her Diamond Jubilee tour, alongside Redbridge and Waltham Forest.

She made her way through Deansbrook Road just before 2.30pm, as crowds of well-wishers stared at the royal car in awe. Scores of excited children waved their British flags, yelling their congratulations to the Queen.

She arrived at the school wearing a turquoise ensemble, waving at onlookers who all tried to rush to the front to catch a glimpse of her.

She was then treated to a performance by dance group, Srishti, Nina Rajarani Dance Creations, before moving on to the "Tranquil Zone", where Year 1 pupils from the school performed a classical Indian song.

Her Majesty then unveiled a Diamond Jubilee tapestry that was commissioned by the iFoundation, which represents the spiritual ethos of the school.

A Year 1 boy then approached The Queen and guided her to see dance performances. Hiphop dance group, Elavate, busted their moves on the dance floor hoping to impress Her Majesty.

She then received a Diamond Jubilee gift from Belmont Football Club - a football shirt - presented to her by children in the club.

The royal party was shown a Welcome video compiled by University of Westminster students, and presented with a book called 60 Faces of Harrow, created by Harrow Council photographer Dermot Carlin.

The royal party then heard a of a piece of music commissioned by the Harrow Diamond Jubilee Chorale. The mass choir, comprising 160 singers, was made up of Harrow Community Choirs and pupils from Stag Lane School, Glebe Primary School and Aylward School.

Yogethaa Yogasingam and Damodar Swatantra, pupils at Krishna Avanti, and Kashvi Gorasiya, a pupil from Woodlands Special School, presented the Queen with a spring posy, and the smiles on their faces was priceless.

And then it was time to bid her farewell. Sir David Brewer, Lord Lieutenant of Greater London, said a formal goodbye as she left in the royal car at about 3.30pm.