It was a game Barnet arguably deserved to win. But a late goal from AFC Wimbledon's Stacy Long meant the Bees were held to a 1-1 draw at home to the Dons. 

After a goalless and uneventful opening period, Barnet went ahead through a Jake Hyde header.

It looked for a while like that would be enough for the hosts but six minutes from time, Long’s deflected strike found the net and ensured the points were shared.

Mark Robson and Edgar Davids made three changes to their side with Elliot Johnson, Oliver Lee and George Barker all included in the starting XI.

Barnet almost went ahead in the first 20 seconds of the contest. Ricky Holmes received a pass, sent a shot on towards goal only for veteran goalkeeper Neil Sullivan to save well..

After a frantic start to the contest, the game settled and both sides found it difficult to create chances.

The Dons struggled to break through the Barnet defence and several attacks came to nothing after a poor final pass.

In the final minutes of the half, the Bees came close to breaking the deadlock. A strong run from Barker was halted on the edge of the Dons box.

The ball broke to Byrne. He evaded one challenge but couldn’t direct his shot out of the reach of Sullivan.

There were no changes at the interval but the Dons spurned a good chance to go ahead from the restart.

A neat pass put Charlie Strutton through on goal but he sliced his shot harmlessly wide of Graham Stack’s right hand post.

The Dons applied pressure in the early stages of the half but Barnet remained solid in defence and, on 63 minutes, the Bees went ahead.

Barnet have been effective from set-peices this season and Byrne's whipped corner towards the near post found Hyde and he flicked the ball into the net. 

The Bees came close to doubling their lead soon after. Good work from Elliot Johnson allowed him to deliver a low cross into the Wimbledon box. The ball flashed across goal but nobody could get a crucial touch.

Wimbledon pushed forward in search of an equaliser and should’ve levelled when Luke Moore was played in on goal. However, he shot narrowly wide of the post.

The visitors continued to threaten the Bees goal and with six minutes remaining, they scored the equaliser.

After a goalmouth scramble, the ball dropped to Long on the edge of the box. His low shot took a deflection and rolled into the net.

Wimbledon ended the game well but the Bees defence kept them at bay and both sides secured a point.

Barnet are on their travels next week as the Bees take on Dagenham & Redbridge.

Barnet: Stack; Fuller, Pearce, Stephens, Johnson; Byrne, Lee (Kamdjo 88), eavids (Yiadom 67), Holmes; Hyde, Barker (Holwijn 83).

Barnet substitutes: Kamdjo, Holwijn, Nurse, Yiadom, Cowler, Weston, Iro.

AFC Wimbledon: Sullivan; Osano, Mambo, Antwi, Fenlon; Ajala, Long, Moore (Djilali 80), Meades (Johnson 41); Midson, Strutton (Harrison 60)

AFC Wimbledon substitutes: Cummings, Balkestien, Mitchel-King, Harrison, Johnson, Jaimez-Ruiz, Djilali.

Attendance - 3,227 (1092).