Barnet pulled back from two goals down to salvage a deserved point on the opening day of the season at Forest Green Rovers.

The Bees found themselves 2-0 behind at the interval but two half-time changes saw them improve drastically after the break.

Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and Jamal Campbell-Ryce provided the goals to level proceedings and ensure they started the season undefeated.

Barnet were without last season's top-scorer John Akinde but still managed to get off to an unbeaten start, and came back from behind to draw in their first game for the second season in a row.

Forest Green drew in a large crowd for their first ever Football League game, and took the impetus from the off against a steadfast Bees back line.

As Barnet worked their way into the game new signing Shaquille Coulthirst and Akpa Akpro seeing headers clear the bar.

But five minutes before the interval Forest Green rose as one with their first gaol in the Football League, and Barnet briefly down to 10 men with Charlie Clough off the pitch receiving treatment.

It allowed Christian Doidge space to rise unchallenged from a corner and head beyond Jamie Stephens for the opener.

Moments later and back on the pitch, Clough misjudged a ball forward, allowing Doidge to extend the lead with a fine lob.

It was the last action the defender would see against his former club, as he and Shomotun were replaced at the interval as the Bees reverted to a 3-5-2.

And it helped from the off - 13 minutes after the interval, a skillful run from Campbell-Ryce took him deep into Forest Green territory, where he delivered a perfect ball into the middle for Akpa Akpro to head in from close-range.

The fresh-faced hosts were shaken and suddenly looked nervous in possession, and their lead was extinguished altogether five minutes later.

Again it was Campbell-Ryce to drag the Bees into an attacking position, but this time preferred to shoot himself, firing into the corner with a well-struck low drive.

The one black mark on an otherwise impressive comeback would follow in added time after a largely uneventful final half-hour.

Jack Taylor was sent off for a poorly timed challenge, earning a second yellow card, and ruling him out of tonight's game at Peterborough United.

Barnet: Stephens, H Taylor, Santos, Clough (Nelson 45), Johnson; Shomotun (Tutonda 45), J Taylor, Vilhete, Campbell-Ryce; Akpa Akpro, Coulthirst (Amaluzor 87).

Unused: Akinola, Bover, Fonguck, Ross.