Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting TIMES NEWS to 80360, or email us
Former Fulham youngster Keanu Marsh-Brown has agreed a new long-term deal with Barnet
3:30pm Friday 13th December 2013 in Sport
Barnet top scorer Keanu Marsh-Brown has agreed a new long-term contract with the club.
The winger has netted nine goals in 21 appearances this season and has been one of the Bees’ stand-out performers during the current campaign.
Speaking to the Bees’ club website he said: “I’m delighted to sign a new deal with Barnet. They have shown great faith in me from the moment I walked through the door and I hope I can continue to repay them by helping them get back into the Football League.
“The management staff told me that my future at the club was one of their main priorities and that means a lot. I’m top goal scorer at the moment but I will keep working hard and aim to become an ever better player for Barnet.
“The club have moved into a fantastic new stadium and the squad we have is superb considering we’re in the Conference. I’m also confident the coaching staff will add even stronger players to the squad in January and we can make a big push for the top in the second half of the season.
“It is great to be rewarded for what I feel has been a good season so far on a personal note. Now it is all about focusing on the team starting with the FA Trophy tomorrow and the Skrill Premier over a vital Christmas period.
“I would also like to thank all of the Barnet supporters for their continued support because ever since I joined they have been fantastic.”
The 21-year-old, who was capped for England at Under-16 and Under-17 age groups, began his career at Fulham before joining Oldham Athletic in January 2012.
After a brief spell with the Latics he signed for Yeovil Town and made 21 league appearances for the club.
Marsh-Brown agreed a short-term deal with Barnet in March 2013 before agreeing a new contract last summer.
Comments are closed on this article.