THE A24 GLA ROAD (CHRISTCHURCH ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2019Notice ID: SUT1365254
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (CHRISTCHURCH ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on Christchurch Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on Christchurch Road between its junctions with High Street Colliers Wood and Tandem Way.
Buses will be permitted to stop at locally signed temporary bus stops. Access will be maintained to South Gardens by temporary removal of the vehicle barriers on Valley Gardens.
The Order will be effective at certain times from the 22nd September 2019 untiMst February 2020 every night 9.00 PM and 5.00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Merton High Street, Morden Road, Merantun Way or reverse to normal route of travel.
Dated this 20th day of September 2019 Jennifer Melbourne
Planning & Performance Manager - South, Transport for London Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON I