SECTION 16A ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984. TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS OR PARTS OF ROADS FOR THE MILADUN-NABI PROCESSIONNotice ID: WAT1470837
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW
SECTION 16A ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984.
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS OR PARTS OF ROADS FOR THE MILADUN-NABI PROCESSION
THE COUNCIL OF LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made an order under the provisions of Section 16A of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 which would temporarily introduce road closures in the roads listed below to allow the event to be known as the Miladun-nabi Procession to take place.
The general effect of the order shall be to;
1. Introduce the following temporary restrictions on 24th November 2019 between 10:00hrs and 16:30hrs.
Parade Route - Station Road, Harrow, to Civic Centre via Station Road
2. No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter or exit Rosslyn Crescent between the junction with Station Road, Harrow and a point opposite the western flank wall of No. 1 Rosslyn Crescent.
3. Until normal traffic can be resumed, vehicles would be prohibited from entering or exiting Station Road, between its junctions with College Road and its junction with Railway Approach and Marlborough Hill as and when signs are in place.
4. No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait or load in Station Road, Harrow, between its junction with College Road and Marlborough Hill between 11:00hrsand 16:30hrs.
5. The provisions of The Harrow (Prescribed Routes)(Harrow Town Centre) Traffic Order 2011 shall not apply to any vehicles being used in connection with the Miladun-nabi Procession.
6. The provisions listed in paragraph 2, 3 & 4 would not apply to:-
(a) any vehicle being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles being used in connection with the Miladun-nabi Procession.
7. The provisions of the order would not apply to anything done with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the council.
8. The provisions of the order would not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed.
9. Northbound Diversion Route, Lyon Road, St. John's Road, Sheepcote Road, Kenton Road, Tyburn Road, Lowlands Road, Pinner Road, Headstone Road, Harrow View, Courtenay Avenue and Uxbridge Road.
Southbound Diversion Route; Marlborough Hill, George Gange Way, High Street, High Road, and from Uxbridge Road, then follow the northbound diversion route in the reverse direction.
Dated 21st November 2019
Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA