THE A1 GLA ROAD (GREAT NORTH WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1524826
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A1 GLA ROAD (GREAT NORTH WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above-named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable CCTV investigation and Drainage works to take place on A1 Great North Way Northbound.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any northbound vehicle on Great North Way to turn into Ashley Lane and Downage.
The Order will be effective each night between 10:00PM and 5:00AM from 27th January 2020 until 27th July 2020 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) Any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) Anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: (for northbound traffic via Ashley Lane, Great North Way), (for southbound traffic via Chatsworth Avenue, Meadow Drive), Downage, Sherwood Road (Northbound), (for traffic wishing to turn into Downage from Great North Way via Chatsworth Avenue, Meadow Drive and to normal route of travel.
Dated this 19th day of December 2020
Network Regulation Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON I .