LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW WEALDSTONE HIGH STREET - BUS PRIORITY SCHEMENotice ID: WAT1650044
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW WEALDSTONE HIGH STREET - BUS PRIORITY SCHEME THE HARROW (BUS PRIORITY) (AMENDMENT NO.*) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020 THE HARROW (PRESCRIBED ROUTES) (WEALDSTONE) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020 THE HARROW (SPEED LIMIT) (AMENDMENT NO. *) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020
THE HARROW (PARKING PLACES) (AMENDMENT NO.*) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020
THE HARROW (LOADING PLACES) (AMENDMENT NO.*) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020 THE HARROW (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (AMENDMENT NO.*) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020 THE HARROW (STOPPING AT TAXI RANKS PROHIBITION) (AMENDMENT NO. *) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020 THE HARROW (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS)(AMENDMENT NO.) TRAFFIC ORDER 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow proposes to make the above mentioned orders under Sections 6, 7, 45, 46, 47, 83, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to
the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the orders is to redesign the direction of traffic flow through and around Wealdstone High Street, affecting additional roads including Canning Road, Palmerston Road and George Gange Way.
3. The Harrow (Bus Priority) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2020 would introduce a central southbound bus lane in George Gange Way between High Street, Wealdstone, and Canning road.
4. The Harrow (Prescribed Routes) (Wealdstone) Traffic Order 2020 proposes to amend the existing one way streets in Wealdstone. High Street Wealdstone would become one way northbound between Canning Road and George Gange Way. Canning Road would become one way from George Gange Way to High Street Wealdstone, and be restricted to buses only from its junction with Gladstone Way, to its junction with High Street Wealdstone, except for access. Buses would be forced to turn left at High Street. The southbound bus only route existing between George Gange Way and Palmerston Road in High Street would be removed, as would the northbound banned U-turn. Palmerston Road would become one way from Gladstone Way to High Street Wealdstone.
5. The Harrow (Speed Limit) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 2020 proposes to introduce a 20mph zone in High Street, Wealdstone, between Ellen Webb Drive and George Gange Way, Palmerston Road between George Gange Way and High Street, Gladstone Way, Canning Road and George Gange Way between High Street and Palmerston Road.
6. The Harrow (Parking Places) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2020 further amends The Harrow (Parking Places) Traffic Order 2020, so as to remove the existing pay and display parking places in High Street, Wealdstone, and Canning Road. The pay and display parking in Gordon Road would be moved to the other side of the road and increased to six spaces. The two shared use parking places in Grant Road are to be moved from the south to the north side of Grant Road.
7. The Harrow (Loading Places) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2020 proposes additional loading bays in Gladstone Way, Grant Road and High Street, Wealdstone, with the removal of those in Canning Road and some existing in High Street, Wealdstone.
8. The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2020, proposes to further amend The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) Traffic Order 2014, by introducing the at any time loading restrictions in High Street, Wealdstone, outside Nos. 1 to 11, Nos. 35 to 45, Nos. 53 to 57, and replacing any pay and display parking places with at any time waiting restrictions. The north side of Gordon Road will have any time waiting restrictions extended to replace the existing pay and display parking. The removed loading bays in High Street, Wealdstone, outside Nos. 100 and 73 would be replaced with 7am - Midnight loading restrictions.
9. The Harrow (Free Parking Places)(Disabled Persons)(Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 2020 proposes to introduce seven new disabled bays in High Street, Wealdstone, between its junction with Ellen Webb Drive and George Gange Way. These would operate at any time with a maximum stay of 3 hours. Disabled bays are being removed in Grant Road, Canning Road, and Gladstone Way.
10. The restrictions referred to in this notice would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the Council or in certain circumstances, such as the picking up or setting down of passengers, or the carrying out of statutory powers or duties. The usual exemptions relating to vehicles lawfully displaying a disabled person's "Blue Badge" would apply.
11. A copy of the proposed orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the orders are available for inspection between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday at the Civic Centre, until the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published. Further information can be obtained by visiting the traffic order page at
or by QR code on this notice.
12. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed orders must be made in writing and received at the address given below quoting reference DP2020-08 not later than 15th April 2020. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made. Email:
Dated 26th March 2020 David Eaglesham
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA