London Borough of Harrow The Harrow (Speed Limit) (Experimental No.1) Traffic Order 2020 The Harrow (Speed Limit) (Experimental No.2) Traffic Order 2020 The Harrow (Speed Limit) (Experimental No.3) Traffic Order 2020Notice ID: WAT1761726
London Borough of Harrow The Harrow (Speed Limit) (Experimental No.1) Traffic Order 2020 The Harrow (Speed Limit) (Experimental No.2) Traffic Order 2020 The Harrow (Speed Limit) (Experimental No.3) Traffic Order 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on 22nd June 2020 the Council of the London Borough of Harrow made the above titled orders under Section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and under all other enabling powers.
2. The effect of the experimental orders will be to suspend the 40mph speed limit;-
(a) in Honeypot Lane;
(i) northbound carriageways, between a point opposite the southeastern wall of Elizabeth House and Balmoral House, Honeypot Lane, and a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 873 and 875 Honeypot Lane;
(ii) southbound carriageways, between a point opposite the northwestern wall of No. 909 Honeypot Lane and a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 466 and 468 Honeypot Lane.
(b) in Uxbridge Road, between a point 13.00 metres west of a point opposite the common boundary of St. Teresa's Royal Catholic Church and No. 24 Boniface Walk and a point 4.60 metres east of a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 223 and 225 Uxbridge Road.
(c) (i) in George V Avenue between its junction with St. Thomas' Drive
and a point 2.00 metres north-west of a point opposite the northwestern wall of No. 119 George V Avenue.
(iii) in St. Thomas' Drive, between a point 3.50 metres south-east of a point opposite the north-western wall of Nos. 1 to 6 Nugents Court, St. Thomas' Drive, and its junction with George V Avenue.
These lengths of carriageway revert to a restricted road under Sections 81 and 82 of the aforementioned 1984 act, with a speed limit of 30 mph for the duration of validity of this order.
3. Exemption will be provided in the order for:-
(a) any vehicle being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform, or a Council officer authorised by the Council;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
4. The Order has provided that in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management or some person authorised in that behalf by him, may, if it appears to him or that person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by this Order runs, modify or suspend this Order or any provision thereof.
5. A copy of the orders which will come into force on 29th June 2020, notices of making, plans of the relevant area and a statement of reasons for making the orders can all be inspected on the Harrow Council website at
for a period of 6 months from that date.
6. Any Person desiring to question the validity of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of
the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order, may, within 6 weeks of the date on which the Order was made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
7. If the provisions of the Order continue in operation for a period of not less than 6 months, the Council of the London Borough of Harrow will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Order should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of an Order under section 6 of the said Act of 1984. Persons desiring to object to the making of the Order under section 6 of the said Act of 1984, for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation in force may, within the afore-mentioned period of 6 months, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds thereof to
Dated 25lh June 2020
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA