LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET The Barnet (Free Parking Places, Loading Places, Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 113) (Experimental) Order 2020 The Barnet (Charged-for Parking Places) (Amendment No. 80) (Experimental) Order 2020 The Barnet (Cycle Lanes) (No.1) (Experimental)Traffic Order 2020 The Barnet (Bus Lanes) (No.1) (Experimental) Traffic Order 2020 The Barnet (20mph Speed Limit) (No. 1) (Experimental)Traffic Order 2020Notice ID: WAT1806437
LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET The Barnet (Free Parking Places, Loading Places, Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 113) (Experimental) Order 2020 The Barnet (Charged-for Parking Places) (Amendment No. 80) (Experimental) Order 2020 The Barnet (Cycle Lanes) (No.1) (Experimental)Traffic Order 2020 The Barnet (Bus Lanes) (No.1) (Experimental) Traffic Order 2020 The Barnet (20mph Speed Limit) (No. 1) (Experimental)Traffic Order 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Barnet has made, on 6th August 2020, the above-mentioned Orders under Section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers.
In order to improve cycling facilities for pedal cyclists, the general effect of the above Orders will be to introduce, on an experimental basis, the following measures:
1. New cycle lanes, operative at all times, for the use of those riding a pedal cycle, along the lengths of road described in Schedule 1 to this Notice.
2. New 'at any time' waiting restrictions along the lengths of road described in Schedule 2 to this Notice
3. A new Bus Lane, operative at all time, for the use of local buses and those riding a pedal cycle, will be provided along the lengths of roads described in Schedule 3 to this Notice
4. The removal of payment parking places, disabled persons parking places, permit parking places, motorcycle bays, loading places and goods vehicles loading places, falling within the lengths of road described in Schedules 1, 2 and 3 to this Notice, and also described in Schedule 4 to this Notice.
5. A maximum speed limit on the driving of vehicles on a road of 20 miles per hour on High Road N2, between Chandos Road and East Finchley Underground Station.
6. a goods vehicle loading only place operative Monday to Saturday 8am to 6.30pm, will be provided on Fairlawn Avenue N2 adjacent to No. 52 High Road N2, in place of an existing payment parking place, for use by Goods carrying vehicles.
7. a disabled badge holders' only parking bay operative at all times will be provided on Fallowcourt Avenue N12 adjacent to No.604 High Road N12 for use by motorists displaying a valid disabled badge.
A copy of the Orders, which will come into operation on Friday 14th August 2020 , a plan of the relevant areas and the Council's Statements of Reasons for making the Orders can be obtained for a period of 6 months from the date on which this notice is published by emailing email@example.com or by writing to the Design Team, Highways Section, 6th Floor, 2 Bristol Avenue, Colindale, London NW9 4EW, quoting reference: BC/001868-01 Cycle Lanes. Any person wishing to question the validity of the Orders or any of its provisions on the grounds that they are not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any regulation made there-under have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may within six weeks of the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
The Order provides that, in pursuance of Section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Chief Executive of the Council or some person authorised in that behalf by him, may, if it appears to him essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders run, modify or suspend the operation of the Orders or any provision thereof. If the provisions of the Orders continue in operation for a period of not less than six months, the Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely. Anyone who wishes to object to the making of such Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation in force may, within the period of six months from the date on which the Orders came into operation, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds thereof to Design Team, 2 Bristol Avenue, Colindale, London, NW9 4EW or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dated 6th August 2020 Geoff Mee
Interim Executive Director - Environment
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS OF SCHEDULE 1, SCHEDULE 2, SCHEDULE 3 AND SCHEDULE 4