SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - WILLIAM CAREY WAY & COLLEGE ROAD, HARROWNotice ID: WAT1811893
SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - WILLIAM CAREY WAY & COLLEGE ROAD, HARROW
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they Intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (William Carey Way & College Road, Harrow) Temporary Traffic Order 2020, and shall be operational on William Carey Way between 18:00hrs and 03:00hrs and on College Road, Harrow between 21:00hrs and 23:00hrs on 19th August 2020 and shall remain in effect until 26th August 2020 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 20th August 2020.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting the following lengths of road, at any time;
i. William Carey Way, between its junction with College Road, Harrow and it's southern extremity;
ii. College Road, Harrow, between its junction with Station Road, Harrow and a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 21 and 23 College Road, Harrow.
3. Vehicles shall be prohibited from waiting or loading, at any time, on College Road, Harrow;
i. The north side, between a point opposite the western boundary of No. 2 College Road, Harrow and a point opposite the western boundary of No. 30 College Road, Harrow;
ii. The south side, between a point opposite the western boundary of No. 17 College Road, Harrow and a point opposite the western boundary of No. 29 College Road, Harrow.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route via Station Road, Harrow, Peterborough Road, Tyburn Lane, Lowlands Road and Pinner Road and vice versa.
Dated 13th August 2020
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA