SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE & RESTRICTIONS - FARM AVENUE & CANNONBURY AVENUENotice ID: WAT1811902
SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE & RESTRICTIONS - FARM AVENUE & CANNONBURY AVENUE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Farm Avenue & Cannonbury Avenue) Temporary Traffic Order 2020 and shall be operational from 08:00hrs on 17th August 2020 and shall remain in effect until 12th November 2020 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 12th October 2020.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from travelling in a westbound direction along Cannonbury Avenue between its junctions with Cannon Lane and Rushdene Road.
3. Vehicles shall be prohibited from travelling in an eastbound direction along Farm Avenue between its junctions with Rayners Lane and Imperial Drive.
4. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting the following roads, when signs are in place;
i. Hillcroft Avenue, at its junction with Rayners Lane;
ii. Dukes Avenue, at its junction with Rayners Lane.
5. Vehicles shall be prohibited from waiting or loading, at any time, when signs are in place on;
i. Cannonbury Avenue, between a point opposite the extended western kerb-line of Cannon Lane and a point opposite the extended eastern kerb-line of Rushdene Road;
ii. Farm Avenue, between a point opposite the extended western kerb-line of Imperial Drive and a point opposite the extended eastern kerb-line of Rayners Lane;
iii. Rayners Lane, between a point opposite the extended western kerb-line of The Croft and a point opposite the northern boundary of No. 1 The Greenway.
6. Nothing in paragraph 2, 3, 4 & 5 above shall apply toils) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police
purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with traffic island works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
7. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
8. Diversion routes;
Cannonbury Avenue - via Cannon Lane, Lyncroft Avenue, Eastcote Road and Rushdene Road;
Farm Avenue - via Rayners Lane, Village Way East and Imperial Drive;
Hillcroft Avenue - Northbound via The Avenue, Village Way and Rayners Lane; southbound via The Avenue, Church Avenue and Rayners Lane;
Dukes Avenue - via Lankers Drive and Rayners Lane and vice versa.
Dated 13th August 2020 Ian Slaney
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management,
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA