PUBLIC NOTICENotice ID: WAT1814635
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW
The Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Person's) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 202*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow propose to make the above mentioned order under Sections 6, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the order would be to amend the Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) Traffic Order 2017 so as to:-
(i) introduce free parking places for disabled persons lawfully displaying disabled person's badges in the length of street specified in schedule 1 to this notice (these spaces to operate at any time);
(ii) to remove the existing disabled person's parking spaces in the roads listed in schedule 2 to this notice.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a
civil enforcement officer or other person duly authorised by the council or in certain circumstances, including when:-
(a) the vehicle is used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or, not being a passenger vehicle, is being used in the service of a local authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties provided that in all the circumstances it is reasonably necessary in the exercise of such powers or the performance of such duties for the vehicle to wait in the parking place in which it is waiting; or
(b) the vehicle is waiting while postal packets addressed to premises adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting are being unloaded from the vehicle or, having been unloaded therefrom, are being delivered, or while postal packets are being collected for loading on the vehicle from premises or posting boxes adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting or, having been so collected, are being loaded thereon.
4. A copy of the proposed order, the notice of intention, plans showing the effect of the order, and of the council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the order can be viewed online at www.harrow.gov.uk/trafficorders, until 2nd September 2020 the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published. Further information can be obtained by email to email@example.com.
5. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed order must be made in writing and sent to the Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management at the address given below quoting reference LM2020-03 by 5pm on 2nd September 2020. For an objection to be considered formally, it must be stated that you are objecting to the proposal and provide your name and full postal address.
13th August 2020
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow HA1 2XA
Schedule 1 -
Proposed New Disabled Person's Parking Spaces
the service road on the west side, outside No. 25 Courtenay Avenue, with a length of 6.00 metres and a width of 2.20 metres.
the north side, outside Nos. 1-8 Heathfield Court, Goodwill Drive with a width of 3.20 metres and a length of 5.50 metres.
the south side, outside No. 41A Gordon Avenue, with a length of 6.00 metres.
the north-east side, outside No. 73 Herga Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the south-eastern extremity, outside Nos. 46 and 48 Milman Close, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the north side, outside No. 84 Somervell Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the north side, outside No. 64 Toorack Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the south-east side, outside No. 304 Torbay Road, with a length of 6.00 metres.
Schedule 2 - Disabled Person's Parking Spaces Proposed to be Removed
the west side, outside No. 42 Aberdeen Road with a length of 5.50 metres;
the north side, outside No. 162 Christchurch Avenue with a length of 5.50 metres.
the north-east side outside No. 8 Dorset Road with a length of 5.50 metres.
the west side, outside No. 2 Maple Avenue, with a length of 6.60 metres.
the north side, outside No. 176 Vaughan Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
Wellington Road, Wealdstone
the south side, outside No. 53 Wellington Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the north side, outside Nos. 29 and 31 Whitchurch Avenue, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the east side, outside No. 66 Windsor Crescent, with a length of 5.50 metres.