PROPOSED INTRODUCTION OF PERMISSION TO PARK PERMITSNotice ID: WAT2097161
HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE PROPOSED INTRODUCTION OF PERMISSION TO PARK PERMITS The Haringey (Charged For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 202*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Haringey proposes to make the above mentioned Order under sections 45,46,49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order would be to discontinue the traders permit, which currently allows traders working at properties in CPZs to purchase daily or monthly trader permits. This would be replaced with a 'permission to park' dispensation. This new system would allow traders to apply for the dispensation online and the charge would be £20 per day. This dispensation could also be extended to other ad hoc situations where motorists legitimately require parking, but are not entitled or cannot satisfy requirements for other permits, for example, house removals.
3. This Notice supersedes the previous Notices relating to these measures, which have not been implemented, and which were advertised on 2nd February 2018 and 30th March 2018 respectively.
4. Copies of the proposed Order, and of the Council's statement of reasons for making the Order, may be inspected during normal office working hours until the end of a period of 6 weeks from the date on which the Order is made or the Council decides not to make the Order, at the reception desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or can be viewed online at www.
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposed Order or make other representation should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to the Traffic Management Group, River Park House, 1st floor, 225, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8HQ or to traffic.
within 21 days from the date of this Notice.
Dated 26th May 2021
Head of Highways and Parking