The Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) (Amendment No.11) Traffic Order 2021 The Harrow (Parking Places) (Amendment No. 11) Traffic Order 2021. The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 111) Traffic Order 2021Notice ID: WAT2258788
London Borough of Harrow
The Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) (Amendment
) Traffic Order 2021
The Harrow (Parking Places) (Amendment No. 11) Traffic Order 2021.
The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 111) Traffic Order 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow on 15 November 2021 made the above mentioned Orders under Sections 6, 45, 46, 49,124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Disabled Persons Parking Places Order will be to amend the Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) Traffic Order 2017 so as to:-
a. designate parking places in certain lengths of the streets specified in Schedule 1 to this notice in which vehicles authorised by the Order may be left for any period without charge;
b. provide that the parking places would operate "at any time';
c. specify, in respect of the parking places, that disabled persons' vehicles displaying in the relevant position a disabled person's badge (commonly referred "the Blue Badge") issued by any local authority under the provisions of the Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) (England) Regulations 2000 may be left therein;
d. provide that certain vehicles may wait in the parking places in certain circumstances, e.g. to allow persons to board or alight, to load or unload, etc;
e. revoke the designation of parking places in certain lengths of streets specified in Schedule 2 to this notice.
3. The general effect of the Parking Places Order will be to reduce in length and redefine existing parking places in association with the provision of the Disabled Persons Parking Places in certain lengths of the streets specified in Schedule 3 to this notice.
4. The general effect of the Waiting and Loading Order will be to further amend The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) Traffic Order 2014 so that waiting by vehicles (otherwise than for the purpose of delivering or collecting goods or loading or unloading a vehicle) will be prohibited at any time in the lengths of the street specified in Schedule 4 to this Notice;
5. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above will not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person duly authorised by the council or in certain circumstances, including when:-
a. the vehicle is used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or, not being a passenger vehicle, is being used in the service of a local authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties provided that in all the circumstances it is reasonably necessary in the exercise of such powers or the performance of such duties for the vehicle to wait in the parking place in which it is waiting; or
b. the vehicle is waiting while postal packets addressed to premises adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting are being unloaded from the vehicle or, having been unloaded therefrom, are being delivered, or while postal packets are being collected for loading on the vehicle from premises or posting boxes adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting or, having been so collected, are being loaded thereon.
6. A copy of the Orders, which will come into operation on 29 November 2021 and a map of the relevant area can be inspected until the end of 6 weeks from the date on which the Order was made at
. uk/trafficorders or at Greenhill Library, Perceval Square, College Road, Harrow, HA1 1GX between the hours of 10am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.
7. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order may, within 6 weeks of the date on which the Order was made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
18 November 2021
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow HA1 2XA
Aran Drive, adjacent Brompton Court; Beatty Road, adjacent No. 30 Beatty Road; Crossway, adjacent No. 20 Crossway; Durham Road, adjacent No. 20 Durham Road; Herga Road, adjacent No. 86 Herga Road; Hornbuckle Close, adjacent Nos. 28-32 Hornbuckle Close; Tyrell Close, adjacent No. 16 South Vale; Stuart Road, adjacent No. 9 Stuart Road; The Cross Way, adjacent No. 43 The Cross Way; Vaughan Road, adjacent No. 46 Vaughan Road.
Butler Road, adjacent No. 140 Butler Road; Shaftesbury Circle, adjacent Nos. 18-21 Shaftesbury Circle; Somervell Road, adjacent No. 84 Somervell Road;
Aran Drive, adjacent Brompton Court. Durham Road, adjacent No. 20 Durham Road; Herga Road, adjacent No. 86 Herga Road. Stuart Road, adjacent No. 9 Stuart Road. Vaughan Road, adjacent No. 46 Vaughan Road.
Hornbuckle Close, the west side, between a point 1.90 metres north-west of a point opposite the south-eastern flank wall of No. 32 Hornbuckle Close and a point 3.00 metres north-west of that point.