THE BARNET (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (CIVIL ENFORCEMENT AREA) (EXPERIMENTAL) (NO.2) TRAFFIC ORDER 2017Notice ID: MF0232741
LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET THE BARNET (PRESCRIBED ROUTE) (EXPERIMENTAL) (NO.1) TRAFFIC ORDER 2017 THE BARNET (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (CIVIL ENFORCEMENT AREA) (EXPERIMENTAL) (NO.2) TRAFFIC ORDER 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBYGIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Barnet on the 17th August 2017 have made the above mentioned Orders ("The Orders") under Section 9ofthe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers. In order to address concerns regarding the level of traffic turning right from Finchley Road NW2 into Briardale Gardens NW3 and therefore addressing concerns about safety for pedestrians attempting to cross at the junction, the general effect of the Prescribed Route Order will be to, on an experimental basis, to introduce the following measures:
1. Prohibition of motorists travelling north on Finchley Road from turning right into Briardale Gardens between the hours of 7am and 11am, Mondays to Fridays.
2. Prohibition of motorists travelling north on Finchley Road from turning right into Pattison Road between the hours of 7am and 11am, Mondays to Fridays (to safeguard Pattison road from the effect of 1above)
3. Prohibition of motorists travelling north on Finchley Road from making a'u turn' into the southbound carriageway of Finchley Road, between its junctions with Briardale Gardens and Ridge Road NW2. In order to improve safety and traffic flow at the junctions of Finchley Road and Pattison Road and Pattison Road and Hermitage Lane, the general effect of the Waiting and Loading Order will be to.
1. Introduce 'at any time' waiting restrictions at the junction of Finchley Road and Pattison Road, in place of the existing Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm waiting restrictions.
2. Introduce 'at any time' waiting restrictions at the junction of Pattison Road and Hermitage Lane, in place of the existing Monday to Saturday 10am to 11am waiting restrictions
The Orders provide that, in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Chief Executive of the Council or some person authorised in that behalf by him, may, ifitappears to him essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders run, modify or suspend the operation of the Orders or any provision thereof.
Copies of the Orders, which come into operation on Monday 4th September 2017, a plan of the relevant areas and the Council's Statements of Reasons for making the Orders can be inspected between 9am and 5pm on Mondays to Fridays (Bank Holidays and Public Holidays excepted) inclusive for a period of 6 months from the date on which this notice is published at:
(a) Design Team, 11th Floor, Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ;
(b) Reception, Hendon Town Hall,The Burroughs, London NW4 4BQ. Further information may be obtained by telephoning the Design Team on 020 8359 3555.
Any person wishing to question the validity of the Orders or any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any regulation made there-under have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may within six weeks of the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
If the provisions of the Orders continue in operation for aperiod of not less than six months, the Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely. Anyonewho wishes to object to the making of such an Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation in force may,within the period of six months from the date on which the Orders came into operation, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds thereof to the Design Team, 11th Floor,Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ or via email to email@example.com. Dated this 17th August 2017.
Jamie Blake Strategic Director for Environment