PUBLIC NOTICE SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT0594753
PUBLIC NOTICE: SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - MERRION AVENUE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This Is to allow for a crane operation to take place.
1. This order shall be cited as The Harrow (Merrlon Avenue) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall be operational from 28th April 2018 and shall remain in effect until 30th December 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is sooner. It is anticipated that all works will be complete by 29th April 2018.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting Merrion Avenue between its junctions with London Road and Sandymount Avenue.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the crane operation;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
4. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion via; London Road, Marsh Lane, Du Cros Drive, Merrion Avenue and vice versa.
Dated 26th April 2018
Ian Slaney - Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA