NOTICE OF MAKING THE HERTSMERE BOROUGH COUNCIL (OFF-STREET PARKING PLACES) ORDER 2018Notice ID: WAT0660326
HERTSMERE BOROUGH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MAKING
THE HERTSMERE BOROUGH COUNCIL (OFF-STREET PARKING PLACES) ORDER 2018
NOTICE is given that the Hertsmere Borough Council, (pursuant to arrangements made with Hertfordshire County Council) has made the above named Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to introduce a new off-street parking places Traffic Regulation order to enable enforcement of restrictions within council owned car parks in Borehamwood, Bushey, Radlett and Potters Bar.
The order seeks to introduce changes in all of the car parks. The Order will come into effect on 18th June 2018. The general effect of the Order will be to
1. Revoke the previous off-street parking places order.
2. Amend articles which are no longer relevant in the previous off street parking places order
3. Introduce electric charging parking bays in the Civic Offices car park, Borehamwood, Salisbury Road car park Potters Bar and High Road Opposite St Peters Church car park, Bushey.
4. Introduce parking charges in Bushey Country Club with the provision of free two hour parking.
5. Introduce 24hr charges in the main Civic Offices car park, Borehamwood.
6. Formalise the use of discretionary permits in the borough
7. Increase the cost of a 3 month business parking permit and commuter parking permit from £120.00 to £132.00, 6 month business permit and Commuter parking permit from £230.00 to £253.00 and an annual permit from £400.00 to £440.00. Increase the cost of School Permits from £10.00 to £15.00
8. Formalise restrictions on parking bays adjacent to the Civic offices, Borehamwood.
The car parks at the following locations will not be physically affected by the provisions of this order, the drawings for these car parks which were part of the previous Order have been revised to show marked parking bay locations.
Clarendon Road Car Park, Furzehill Road Car Park, Brook Road Car Park, Newberries Car Park, High Road Car Park Opposite St Peters Church, Barnet Road Car Park, Manor Road Car Park.
Documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposals may be inspected from 13th June 2018 during normal office hours at Central Reception at the Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA, the Area Information Office at the Wyllyotts Centre, Potters Bar, EN6 2HN, the Area Information Office, Bushey Community Centre, High Street, Bushey and at the Aldenham Parish Council Offices, The Radlett Centre, Aldenham Avenue, Radlett, WD7 8HL, or viewed at www.hertsmere.gov.uk
General enquiries relating to the proposals should be referred to Jennifer Yeboah, Senior Traffic Engineer Parking Services Department, Tel 0208 207 2277 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any person wishing to question the validity of the Order, or of any provision contained in it, on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or on the grounds that any requirement of the Act or any Instrument made under it has not been complied with in relation to the Order, may within 6 weeks from the date of this Notice apply to the High Court for this purpose.
Donald Graham Chief Executive 8th June 2018