HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE TURNPIKE LANE N8 - EXPERIMENTAL CONVERSION OF EXISTING LOADING BAYS TO SHORT TERM, PAY BY PHONE, PARKING THE AVENUE N8 - EXPERIMENTAL CONVERSION OF RESIDENTS ONLY BAYS TO PERMIT ONLY BAYS DENMARK ROAD N8 - EXPERIMENTAL CONVERSION OF WAITING RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: WAT0941276
HARINGEY COUNCIL - PUBLIC NOTICE TURNPIKE LANE N8 - EXPERIMENTAL CONVERSION OF EXISTING LOADING BAYS TO SHORT TERM, PAY BY PHONE, PARKING THE AVENUE N8 - EXPERIMENTAL CONVERSION OF RESIDENTS ONLY BAYS TO PERMIT ONLY BAYS DENMARK ROAD N8 - EXPERIMENTAL CONVERSION OF WAITING RESTRICTIONS
TO A PERMIT ONLY BAY - T94 THE HARINGEY (MEDIUM TARIFF) (CASHLESS) (PARKING PLACES) (AMENDMENT NO. 2) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2018 THE HARINGEY (WOOD GREEN CPZ) (PARKING PLACES) (AMENDMENT NO. 11) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2018 THE HARINGEY (FREE LOADING PLACES) (NO. 1) (AMENDMENT NO. 6) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2018 THE HARINGEY (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS) (AMENDMENT NO. 74) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on 18th December 2018 the Council of the London Borough of Haringey, hereinafter called the Council, made the above-mentioned Orders under sections 9 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to experimentally:-
(a) convert certain existing loading bays in Turnpike Lane into short term parking, pay by phone operation which will mirror the existing operational times of the pay by phone bays at these locations, together with the waiting and loading restrictions:-
i. the south side, outside Nos.121 to 125 Turnpike Lane;
ii. the south side, outside Nos. 99 to 107 Turnpike Lane;
iii. the south side, outside Nos. 31 to 35 Turnpike Lane;
iv. the south side, outside Nos. 9 to 13 Turnpike Lane;
v. the south side, outside Nos. 67 to 71 Turnpike Lane;
(b) convert some existing resident permit holders only parking places, located on both sides of The Avenue N8, at its junction with Alexandra Road, into permit holders only operation. There will be no change to the times of operation of the parking places;
(c) convert some existing single yellow line waiting restrictions located on the south-east side of Denmark Road N8 outside the Haringey Grove Community Centre into a permit holders only parking place operating at zone hours.
3. The Orders revoke the existing Orders relating to the previous proposals for these roads that were advertised in a Notice dated 23rd November 2018.
4. The Orders provide that in pursuance of Section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the delegated authority of the London Borough of Haringey, or some person authorised in that behalf, may if it appears essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders runs, modify or suspend the Orders or any provision thereof.
5. The Council will be considering in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be continued in force indefinitely by means of permanent Orders made under the relevant sections of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person may object to the making of the permanent Orders for the purpose of such indefinite continuation within a period of six months beginning with the day on which the above mentioned Orders came into force or, if the Orders are varied by other Orders or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the day on which the latest variation or modification came into force. Any such objection must be made in writing and must state the grounds on which it is made and be sent to Traffic Management Group, River Park House, 1st floor, 225, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8HQ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 28th December 2018, of the Council's statement of reasons for making the Orders, together with plans and more detailed particulars showing the locations and effects of the Orders may be inspected, throughout the period that they are in force, during normal office working hours, at the reception desk, Alexandra House, 10 Station Road, Wood Green, N22 7TR or can be viewed online at www.haringey.gov.uk/traffic_orders.
7. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or of any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated: 19th December 2018 Ann Cunningham Head of Operations