Proposed Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) (TB) Extension - Lake View Proposed New Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) (T1) - Cavenidsh Drive, Dorset Drive and Rye WayNotice ID: WAT0979995
London Borough of Harrow Proposed Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) (TB) Extension - Lake View Proposed New Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) (T1) - Cavenidsh Drive, Dorset Drive and Rye Way
The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 201*
The Harrow (Parking Places) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 201 *
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow proposes to make the above mentioned orders under Sections 6, 7, 45, 46, 47, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the orders would be to introduce a new CPZ (T1) to include Cavendish Drive, Dorset Drive and Rye Way, and extend Zone (TB) to include all of Lake View.
(a) Proposed Zone (T1) - Cavenidsh Drive, Dorset Drive and Rye Way
The proposed time of operation of Zone (T1) is 8.30am to 12 noon and 2pm to 6pm Monday to Saturday. Zone (T1) permit eligibility would be restricted to addresses in Cavenidsh Drive, Dorset Drive and Rye Way. Residents living in these roads would no longer be eligible to apply for Zone (TB) permits if Zone (T1) is introduced. Likewise, Zone (TB) and Zone (T1) permits would not be interchangeable between zones during the controlled hours, meaning a Zone (T1) permit could not be used to park in Zone (TB), and vice versa.
(b) Proposed Zone (TB) - Lake View extension
It is proposed to extend Controlled Parking Zone (TB) to include the remainder of Lake View, currently not within the CPZ. This will add property Nos. 13 to 75 and 20 to 74 to Zone (TB) for permit eligibility. Designated parking places are proposed where safe and not across dropped kerbs. The proposed times of operation will match that of the existing Zone (TB), which are 11am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday.
3. Permits for either Zone if required would cost the following per household: 1st vehicle £75, 2nd vehicle £110, 3rd vehicle £145, 4th and subsequent vehicles £185 each. Visitor permits would cost £18.50 per quantity of ten, 50% discount for OAP's.
4. The general effect of the waiting and loading restriction amendment order would be to further amend The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) Traffic Order 2014, by providing zone time waiting restrictions for the proposed Zone (T1) and Zone (TB) extension, and at any time waiting restrictions at the following locations, where parking is unsuitable due to road width, accesses, junctions or bends:
Canons Drive - junctions with Orchards Close, Rose Garden Close, Handel Close (including narrow entrance), Powell Close (Including narrow entrance), Canons Close (including narrow entrance) and Lake View. Lodge Close, all existing single yellow lines. Cavendish Drive at junction with Dorset Drive and Rye Way. Dorset Drive, insides of bends outside Nos. 2 and 18. Cavendish Drive, insides of bends outside Nos. 29 and 45, and outside No. 19. Montgomery Road, the northern extremity and across the access to Graham Lodge, and junctions with Churchill Road. Churchill Road, insides of bends outside Nos. 5 and 18.
5. The general effect of the parking places amendment order would be to further amend The Harrow (Parking Places) Traffic Order 2014, by amending the affected designated parking places within Zone (TB) to be transferred to the proposed Zone (T1), and provide designated parking places in Lake View where the Zone (TB) extension is proposed.
6. The restrictions referred to in this notice would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the Council or in certain circumstances, such as the picking up or setting down of passengers, or the carrying out of statutory powers or duties. The usual exemption relating to vehicles lawfully displaying a disabled person's "Blue Badge' would apply.
7. A copy of the proposed orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the orders are available for inspection between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday at the Civic Centre, until the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published. Further information can be obtained by telephoning the Project Officer, Sajjad Farid on 020 8424 1484, or by visiting the traffic order page at www.harrow.gov.uk/trafficorders or by QR code on this notice.
8. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed orders must be made in writing and received at the address given below quoting reference DP2018-32 not later than 13th February 2019.
All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made. Email: email@example.com.
Dated 24th January 2019 David Eaglesham Head of Traffic,
Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA