A young woman has told how she was determined to survive her 14-hour rape ordeal at the hands of alleged serial sex attacker Joseph McCann.

McCann, 34, is said to have abducted a 25-year-old woman just a few metres from her home in Walthamstow after midnight on April 25.

She was the second of McCann's 11 alleged victim whom he is said to have attacked between April 20 and May 5 this year.

In a recorded police interview played at the Old Bailey, she said: "Someone had put their hand over my mouth and told me to stop screaming - he said 'you f***** with my sister'.

"Before I got into the car I thought I was being mugged. When I got into the car I don't really know what I was thinking, it was so weird.

"Then, when he stopped, I realised what was happening and I thought he was going to rape me and I thought 'I need to make sure he doesn't kill me'."

She said he had repeated called her Hayley, echoing evidence given earlier by McCann's first alleged victim.

She went on: "He dragged me down the road and told me to get in the 'cab'. I said no but he pushed me in the car and he told me to strip.

"I asked him not to do this."

Over the next 14 hours, McCann allegedly raped her repeatedly, driving her to different parts of north London and into Epping Forest.

McCann allegedly raped her while they were parked outside the school and threatened to drive to Poland with her.

The woman said she could not remember how many times she was raped that night because it had been so many.

He also threatened to throw her into a canal to "wash the DNA" off her, jurors were told.

At one point he forced her to take out £250 cash and buy him a list of things from a corner shop, including a bottle of vodka.

The shopkeeper asked her if she was okay but the woman was unable to answer because McCann was standing by the door watching her, the court heard.

She said: "Maybe three times over 12 hours he stopped and said he was going to kidnap someone we saw but he didn't."

But just after midday on April 25, McCann allegedly forced a 21-year-old woman into his car in Edgware, while a second woman managed to escape.

The witness said: "He told the girl not to use her phone or he would slit her throat or drown her."

McCann allegedly locked both women in the car while he went to buy cocaine, before making the older woman perform sex acts on the 21-year-old.

"He kept saying he had someone in the police and we would never escape him. He started saying to the girl he was going to kill her."

The two women eventually managed to escape in Watford when the 25-year-old smashed McCann over the head with a vodka bottle, jurors heard.

McCann, from Harrow, denies 37 charges relating to 11 alleged victims aged between 11 and 71.

He faces 10 counts of false imprisonment, seven counts of rape, one count of rape of a child, and two counts of causing or inciting a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

He is further charged with seven counts of kidnap, one count of attempted kidnap, three counts of causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity, three counts of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault and two counts of committing an offence with intent to commit a sexual offence.

The Old Bailey trial, which is expected to last six weeks, continues at 10am today (Friday).