Two men have been found guilty of murder after a man was stabbed in the throat.

Lennox Alcendor was killed in Anson Road in Cricklewood, in February this year, shortly after leaving a flat in the street.

At the Old Bailey today, James Rochester, 43, of Bromley High Street, and Christian Fearon, 30, of no fixed address, were found guilty of his murder.

On February 21, Mr Alcendor travelled to Cricklewood with a friend to buy two bottles of rum.

The court heard there were negotiations about how much 42-year-old Mr Alcendor would pay for the rum and after an argument broke out, Mr Alcendor left with his friend with the rum without paying for it.

It was claimed Mr Alcendor had refused to pay for the alcohol because Rochester was in his debt because his ex-girlfriend owed him money.

When he left the flat, he was followed by Rochester and Fearon.

The court heard Rochester pulled an 11-inch plasterboard saw from his waistband and stabbed Mr Alcendor in the throat.

He and Fearon then punched and kicked their victim as he lay dying while the friend tried to fend them off.

They stole his watch and reclaimed one of the bottles of rum – the second had been smashed during the incident - before casually walking away.

Times Series:

Victim Lennox Alcendor. Credit: Met Police

Paramedics were called with the London Ambulance Service informing the Met Police at 6.45am about the incident.

Police launched a murder investigation, led by Detective Chief Inspector Simon Stancombe from the Specialist Crime Command.

Rochester and Fearon were identified following extensive CCTV enquiries and both were arrested on February 25.

At the Old Bailey, both were found guilty of murder, with Fearon also found guilty of robbery.

Rochester had already pleaded guilty to robbery.

They will be sentenced on November 17.

Times Series:

Rochester, left, and Fearon. Credit: Met Police

Detective Chief Insp Simon Stancombe said: "Lennox was killed in a residential street as many people were waking up and starting their day. We may never know exactly what happened but it seems it boiled down to a row over the sale of two bottles of rum.

"This seemingly minor issue culminated in a vicious and sustained attack on a man who was unable to defend himself. The defendants then callously stole the watch from their victim’s wrist.

"At court Rochester claimed he acted only in self-defence. Fearon said he was unaware that Rochester had a knife and lied about being involved in the attack.

"These are two dangerous and violent individuals and I’m pleased the jury were able to see through their deceit."