A teenager who blasted an 18-year-old on a moped with a shotgun told police the 'replica' weapon had gone off accidentally.

But prosecutors in a case with many "unanswered" questions claim the killing followed a pursuit with a machete three days earlier.

Andre Salmon, 18, died in Constable Crescent, Tottenham, on July 3, 2023. He had crashed his moped after being shot as he rode down nearby Stamford Road.

Reagan Konin, 19, of Victoria Road, Tottenham, was found guilty of murder at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday (March 5). He had previously pleaded guilty to affray.

Police and the London Ambulance Service had found Andre with a gunshot injury after being called to reports of an injured man in Constable Crescent at around 5pm.

Despite their efforts he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Times Series: Andre Salmon, 18, was out riding his moped when he was fatally shot by Reagan Konin, 19, who tried to plead it was an 'accident'Andre Salmon, 18, was out riding his moped when he was fatally shot by Reagan Konin, 19, who tried to plead it was an 'accident' (Image: Met)

Launching a murder investigation, detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command established that Andre had been riding a moped when he was shot in Stamford Road.

He continued riding before turning left into Constable Crescent where his moped collided with a parked car and he collapsed.

A review of CCTV footage identified Konin as a suspect.

On July 7, 2023, police issued an appeal naming him as wanted in connection with their investigation. He handed himself in at a police station in Essex the following day.

Times Series: Reagan KoninReagan Konin (Image: Met)

Konin claimed he was delivering a replica shotgun on behalf of a drug dealer. He said he raised the weapon after being concerned for his safety and that it fired accidentally.

Police and the prosecution disputed this. They believed Konin was looking to continue his pursuit of another man he had chased with a machete three days before the shooting.

Detective Chief Inspector Dave Whellams, who led the investigation, said: “Once again, a young man has lost his life in an act of violence and another family is grieving.

“Reagan Konin claimed that the shotgun went off accidentally but based on the evidence they heard, the jury convicted him of murder.

“There are still a lot of unanswered questions about what happened, and Konin will now have a long time in prison to reflect on his actions.

"However, nothing will take away the pain that he inflicted last summer.”

Andre Salmon's family continues to be supported by specialist officers.

Konin will be sentenced at the same court on March 28.