A man wearing a balaclava terrorised people in a busy Tottenham street by firing a gun wildly at rival gang members.

Ricardo Anderson, of Manor Road, has been found guilty of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life over the incident, which took place on May 27 last year in Park Lane.

The 21-year-old was seen pulling a gun from his waistband after a blue R-Type VW Golf came to an abrupt stop in the middle of the road at around 8pm.

Wearing a balaclava, he fired wildly towards the car, with terrified onlookers, including children, taking cover in shops and behind parked cars.

The occupant of the car also had a gun, and attempted to return fire – but his weapon jammed.

The car quickly sped off, while Anderson fled the scene on foot.

CCTV footage obtained by police later showed Anderson had been in the area around half an hour before the shooting with a group filming a music video.

He was captured wearing a distinctive blue North Face tracksuit, black trainers, and a balaclava.

CCTV footage from a nearby shop captured him without his face covered, allowing officers to identify him.

He was arrested four days after the shooting and charged a day later.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Rhiain John said: “This incident took place in a busy street, on a warm summer’s evening where people were out and shops were open.”

He added: “Ricardo Anderson had absolutely no concern for them at all. But for sheer luck this could have been a murder investigation.

“From our enquiries we established the incident was part of an ongoing dispute involving rival gangs in the area.

“We worked tirelessly using CCTV, witness and forensic evidence that would help prove Anderson’s guilt.

“These kinds of offences are taken incredibly seriously and we do everything in our power to identify and prosecute those responsible.”

Alongside the possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life charge, Anderson was also found guilty of possession of ammunition with intent to endanger life and attempted grievous bodily harm.

He will be sentenced at the Old Bailey on May 22.

The vehicle involved in the incident was later traced and found to have been stolen.

Police have said that despite extensive enquiries, the occupants were not identified.