TRIBUTES were paid yesterday to the Haringey residents killed in the blast on July 7 2005 in a Piccadilly Line train between Kings Cross and Russell Square.

The bomb, carried by Jermaine Lindsay, detonated on the first carriage of a packed train carrying an estimated 1,000 passengers, was the deadliest attack, killing 26.

Yesterday relatives paid tribute in person and in statements to those who died at the inquests into the 52 deaths on that day at the Royal Courts of Justice.

The parents of Lee Harris paid an emotional tribute to the inquest of their 30-year-old son who was killed in the blast alongside his long-term partner Samantha Badham, 35.

The couple, who lived in Tottenham, met at sixth form college in Hereford and were both on their way to work when they were killed.

Lynne Harris, Lee's mother, told the inquest: “He was a very hard worker and excelled in all he did, but he loved art and craft, which would stand him in good stead for his chosen career.

“Lee and Sammy were always together. When they were able to get time off, they loved to go to Wales and go walking in Ffestiniogg, where they would take a lot of photos.

“This is something else Lee did extremely well and Sammy was very photogenic. She would always shine when there was a camera about.

“As for us as a family, our lights have gone out. We miss him so much it hurts.

“Our son and daughter have been taken away and to know how much they suffered is unbearable.

“But to have loved them so deeply, we know what they would say. They would say: keep going, you have to keep going. So we do, but it is so very hard."

Veronica Cassidy, mother of Ciaran Cassidy, told the inquest: “Losing Ciaran has left a great void in our family's life. We miss his smiling face, his presence, his text messages, "What is for dinner?”

“He had no hate in him and no ego. He was unique. He did not care for politics or war. He loved his family, friends, Arsenal, his weekend drinks and his mother's dinners. He is greatly missed by all of us."

The 22-year-old, who lived with his family in Finsbury park and went to school in Wood Green, was working for a printing company in Chancery Lane, saving money to travel to Australia when he died.

Eleanor Daplyn, 26, a hospital administrator from Highgate, had recently settled down with her long-term boyfriend, and her sister Elizabeth said she was the most content she had ever been.

She said: "At the time of her death, Liz was as settled and content as I have ever known her. She had started to share a flat with her boyfriend, Rob Brennan, several months earlier and they were clearly very happy indeed.

"When thinking about what she might have done in the future, I honestly have to say I don't know. The scope of her intellect and imagination mean that it could have been everything and anything."

Arthur Edlin Frederick, a 60-year-old museum security guard living in Seven Sisters, was a long-serving police officer on the Caribbean island of Montserrat before moving to the UK.

He was also a noted calypso singer in his homeland, and his son Astrid Wade told the inquest memories of his father come flooding back everytime his song “Signs of Christmas” is played on local radio.

Solictors acting on behalf of the inquest had tried to contact family members of Karolina Gluck, Anna Brandt, and Ihab Slimane, but no one was able to attend the hearing yesterday.

Instead, statements given in the aftermath of the explosion were read to the court as a record of those that had died.

Ms Gluck, 29, was a Polish-born postgraduate who followed her twin sister Magda to live in London. In a book of tributes, her mother said the twins were inseparable and describes her as “very popular and the life and soul of the party”.

Mother of two Ms Brandt had started her own cleaning business after moving to Wood Green from Poland Her friend Marta Elzbieta Jastrzebska, who was on the train which was bombed at Russell Square, that Ms Brandt, 42, was due to meet her daughter that day after she had traveled from Poland by bus, but they missed each other prior to the explosion.

And French-born Ihab Slimane, 19, moved to Finsbury Park less than a month before he was killed to improve his English.

He had found work in a French restaurant and was starting to make friends when he was killed in the terrorist attacks on July 7 2005.