Barnet battled hard and defended well but lacked a real threat going forward as the Bees were held to a 0-0  draw with Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park.

It was a contest of few chances, the majority of which came in the second period.

A John Oster strike from distance which forced Nikki Bull into a good stop was the best the visitors offered while the home side came close late on as a Richard Logan volley was deflected wide by Sam Wood.

Mark Robson and Edgar Davids decided not to make any changes to their side but the Bees came under pressure early on and Dave Winfield came close with a header from close range.

Wycombe looked dangerous in the opening exchanges but found it difficult to create a clear opportunity to open the scoring.

After their sluggish start, Barnet began to maintain possession and Davids had two efforts on goal well blocked in quick succession.

Neither side could break down the opposition defence and there was little quality football played from either team.

In the final minute of the opening period a Davids shot deflected into the path of Jake Hyde. He controlled well and shot towards goal.

Nikki Bull saved his strike brilliantly but the linesman had already flagged for offside.

The second half continued in the same fashion as the first and it wasn’t until the 63rd minute either goalkeeper was tested.

John Oster released a fine strike from distance but Bull produced a fine stop to deny the former Welsh international.

From the resulting corner, Davids Stephens flicked on an Oster cross but the ball was cleared in his own box by Josh Scowen.

In a match of few chances, arguably the best was created by the Chairboys. Substitute Junior Morias received a pass, turned past Krystian Pearce and whipped a shot goalwards.

Fortunately for the Bees the shot flew past Graham Stack’s post. Barnet’s main threat came from set pieces and the Bees nearly went ahead as Bull dropped an Oster corner, only for the keeper to scramble the ball clear.

Wycombe pushed forward in the final ten minutes in search of a winner but continued to be frustrated by dogged Barnet defending.

They did come close to taking all three points as a cross was only cleared to Richard Logan and his volley struck Sam Wood.

The ball looped towards the corner but drifted wide of the post.

Davids then nearly grabbed the victory for the Bees in stoppage time. He cleverly skipped past Gary Doherty but as he was about to shoot, the centre-back managed to get back and block his strike.

The game ended goalless and in truth a draw was a fair reflection on the game.

The Bees remain on the road this weekend when they visit Chesterfield.

Wycombe Wanderers: Bull; Stewart, Doherty, Winfield, Dunne; Morgan, Scowen, Stewart, Aisworth (Morais 70); McClure (Logan, 70), Grant.

Wycombe Wanderers substitutes: Ingram, Spring, Wood, Logan, Kewley-Graham, Morais, Hause.

Barnet: Stack; Fuller, Pearce, Stephens, Brown; Kamdjo, Davids, Oster; Yiadom, Edgar (Byrne 62), Hyde.

Barnet substitutes: Cowler, Saville, Lee, Byrne, Nurse, Abdulla, Lowe.

Attendance: 3,244.