Barnet will not be relegated because of a 2-1 defeat to Bristol Rovers.

And there is obviously no guarantee they will get relegated at all at this stage.

But what they can’t afford to do is to continue to lose matches against the teams around them at the bottom the League Two table.

Especially when they’ve earned an 89th minute equaliser and played well for the majority of the match.

After an even 77 minutes Rovers went ahead through Fabian Broghammer.

Barnet threw men forward. Centre-half Andy Iro went up front.

The Bees levelled late on through Harry Crawford’s close range finish. The travelling 248 supporters were in full voice.

Three minutes were added. Both teams pushed forward.

The ball broke to Danny Woodards on the edge of the Bees box. His shot was deflected into the path of Ryan Brunt and he finished well to condemn Edgar Davids’ side to a cruel defeat .

Only two changes were made to the Barnet team that lost at Burton Albion.

Davids came back into midfield for the injured Curtis Weston while Barry Fuller was replaced by Jon Nurse.

It was a first half of few clear chances and neither side over committed players in attack.

The hosts came close early on when Broghammer’s low shot was blocked by Andy Yiadom and John-Joe O’Toole’s well timed volley forced Graham Stack into a good stop.

Barnet moved the ball well and wingers Ricky Holmes and Ibra Sekajja threatened the Rovers’ defence.

Holmes had a long range effort easily stopped by Steve Mildenhall and it proved his last contribution after he pulled up with an injury. His replacement was Crawford.

The change seemed to unsettle the Bees and Rovers had their best spell of the game with several corners being well fended clear by Barnet.

Davids’ side worked the ball to the edge of the Pirates’ box on several occasions but weren’t able to thread the key pass through the home side’s defence.

Shortly before the interval O’Toole had a low shot cleared by David Stephens and from the resulting corner Tom Parkes headed over.

The second period began in the same fashion as the first and both teams continued to struggle in their attacking thirds.

Both sides were restricted to shots from distance and Davids forced Mildenhall into a good save before Jon Nurse’s low effort curled wide.

The Bees defence remained solid and the consistency of Stack meant Rovers struggled to create clear opportunities.

In truth neither did Barnet. A well worked corner found Mark Byrne in space but his half volley was deflected over.

However on 77 minutes, Rovers went ahead. A quick break down the left-flank allowed Lee Brown space to collect the ball.

He passed to the unmarked Broghammer who rounded Stack before firing past Iro on the goal line.

Barnet threw men forward in search of an equaliser. Crawford missed a glorious chance from six yards when he fired over.

He redeemed himself moments later.

A mis-hit shot from Iro dropped to the striker in the area and he coolly converted his first Bees goal.

Both sides pushed forward in the three minutes of stoppage time in search of an important winner.

There would only be once chance. It went to Rovers.

A long range strike deflected into the path of Brunt and he managed to get the ball past Stack at the near post and send the home fans into pandemonium.

Bristol Rovers: Mildenhall; Smith, Pakes, McChrystal, Brown; Clucas, Norburn (Richards 74), O'Toole; Anyinsah (Clarkson 73), Broghammer (Woodards 89), Brunt.

Bristol Rovers substitutes: Gough, Woodards, Clarkson, Richards, Harrison, McDonald, Hitchcock.

Barnet: Stack: Yiadom, Stephens, Iro, Johnson; Byrne, Oster (Kamdjo 80), Davids; Holmes (Crawford 31), Sekajja (Allen 86), Nurse.

Barnet substitutes: Cowler, Fuller, Brown, Kamdjo, Lee, Allen, Crawford.

Attendance: 8,527 (248).