It was debatable whether the game should have done ahead.

Snow had already been cleared off the Underhill turf before Barnet and Cheltenham Town took to the pitch. Two hours before kickoff heavy snow again fell.

The game went ahead. 0-0 unsurprisingly the final score. Both teams attempted to play passing football despite the conditions.

Barnet had the better chances. Mark Byrne and Kyle de Silva both came close. Former Bees midfielder Sam Deering had the best opportunity for the Robins. His shot missed the post by inches.

A point apiece was a fair reflection of what was an entertaining contest despite the weather.

Elliot Johnson returned to the side in place of Jordan Brown. It was the only change to the team which started the midweek victory over Fleetwood Town.

Both teams took a while to adapt to the conditions. Barnet had the first half chance as a Barry Fuller cross was met by Harry Crawford.

His header was easily dealt by Scott Brown. Neither side could sustain possession as the pitch caused countless problems for the players.

Cheltenham felt they had been denied a penalty on 11 minutes when the ball struck David Stephens. The referee waved away the appeals.

The Robins did create the best opportunity to break the deadlock in the opening 45 minutes.

Former Bees loanee Michael Hector clipped the ball forward into the path of Paul Benson. He controlled well but dragged his shot wide of the post.

Jon Nurse forced Brown into a good near post stop soon after but the Bees caused few problems for the Cheltenham defence in the first half.

Russell Penn struck a shot wide for the Robins and it was the last chance of the opening period.

Cheltenham began the second half on the front foot and Jermaine McGlashan almost broke the deadlock as his low cross was deflected onto the post.

The Bees hadn’t been able to move the ball at pace across the midfield but Byrne almost put Edgar Davids’ side ahead with a deflected shot that was well held by Brown.

Barnet’s burgeoning centre-back partnership of David Stephens and loanee Tom Flanagan dealt well with Benson while Johnson nullified the threat of McGlashan.

John Oster once again controlled the midfield for the Bees and he almost put Barnet ahead. 

The midfielder skipped past a challenge before his low shot rippled the side netting. The home fans thought it was in.

Deering almost put Cheltenham ahead as he cut in off the right flank and fired a left footed shot just wide of the post.

The game became stretched in the final ten minutes as both sides committed players forward.

Byrne had a shot blocked before the Robins broke well and Kaid Mohamed curled a shot well wide from inside the penalty area.

Barnet looked more likely to claim the three points and Byrne came inches away with a low shot which rolled just past the post. 

New loan signing de Silva was brought off the bench and his pace caused the Cheltenham backline problems. The youngster came close to securing a win for Barnet in the final moments.

After receiving a pass, he cut in onto his left foot. He shot low through the legs of a defender but Brown got down well to save and ensure the points were shared. 

Barnet are back at Underhill next Friday as the welcome Dagenham & Redbridge.

Barnet: Stack; Fuller, Stephens, Flanagan, Johnson; Weston, Byrne, Oster (Jenkins 85); Nurse, Gambin (De Silva 65); Crawford (Hyde 75). Barnet substitutes: Kamdjo, Hyde, De Silva, Barnes, Beattie, Jenkins,

Cheltenham Town: Brown; Jombati, Hector, Elliott, Jones; Pack, Penn (Taylor 67); McGlashan (Harrison 59), Deering, Mohamed; Benson (Harrad 71).

Cheltenham Town substitutes: Lowe, Carter, Duffy, Roberts, Harrad, Taylor, Harrison.

Attendance: 2,400 (242).