Luisma Villa’s late goal helped Barnet complete a 1-0 victory against Skrill Premier strugglers Tamworth at The Hive.

It had been a frustrating afternoon for Barnet but, with seven minutes remaining, the Bees made the breakthrough.

Keanu Marsh-Brown’s cross to the back post was met by Villa. His initial shot was saved but the rebound dropped back to the midfielder and he fired home the winner.

It had been three weeks since Ulrich Landvreugd and Dick Schreuder’s reign got off to a winning start. The pair named an unchanged line-up but new signing Charlie Adams was on the bench.

A strong wind blew across the pitch throughout. Numerous passes were over hit and the players struggled to cope with the conditions.

The Bees had the majority of possession in the opening quarter hour but Tamworth defended well. When the visitors did finally venture forward, they were rewarded.

Andy Yiadom was deemed to have barged down Justin Richards in the area and the referee awarded a penalty.

Richards elected to take the spot kick. He struck a tame shot towards the left corner. Jupp guessed correctly and easily saved.

Barnet attempted to take advantage. A neat passing move between Andy Yiadom, Luisma Villa and Jake Hyde saw the latter fire wide from a tight angle.

Hyde again came close as he flicked a Marsh-Brown cross narrowly over and Curtis Weston had a shot easily saved.

The Bees’ best chance of the half came in the closing stages. Villa put Hyde through with a clever pass but the striker’s shot lacked power and was stopped by Cameron Belford.

Tamworth were kicking with the wind in the second period and they fashioned an early opportunity as Richard Baker broke through and fired wide.

There were a number of chances throughout the half. Marsh-Brown won several corners which led to nothing while Palmer sent a free kick well over from Tamworth.

Hyde continued to be the main threat for Barnet. A neat pass from Mauro Vilhete allowed the striker the opportunity to turn and shoot but his effort went just wide.

Marsh-Brown continued to create problems and another incisive run ended with Belford denying the winger with a smart stop.

Adams was introduced on the hour mark in place of Lopez. The debutant showed several neat touches but wasn’t able to spark the Barnet attack into life.

Yiadom had a half hearted penalty appeal turned down after he was felled in the area but, with seven minutes remaining, the Bees took the lead.

A stunning cross from Marsh-Brown found Villa at the back post. His first time shot was saved by Belford but the rebound dropped back to the Spaniard and he thumped the ball past the keeper.

The Bees thought they had added a second in the closing stages. Hyde diverted a Marsh-Brown shot towards goal but Belford saved.

The rebound fell to substitute Kieran Cadogan who scored. However, the goal was ruled out as Hyde was offside.

Barnet again had the ball in the net in stoppage time as Hyde turned in a Mark Byrne cross. For the second time though, the offside flag was raised.

After the resultant free kick the full time whistle was blown. The Bees keep their play-off hopes alive but they’ll to produce an improved performance against Grimsby Town on Tuesday.

Barnet: Jupp; Yiadom, Stephens, Saville, Vilhete; Weston, Byrne, Villa (Cadogan 86); Lopez (Adams 60), Marsh-Brown, (Johnson 90) Hyde.

Barnet substitutes: Mengerink, Abdulla.

Tamworth: Belford; Evans, Morgan, Thomas, Fenton; Townsend, Mahon, Baker, Palmer (Todd 7); Richards, Chadwick (Peniket 77).

Tamworth substitutes: Reindorf, Richards-Everton, Keane.