A young Barnet side were knocked out of the FA Trophy first round by Concord Rangers after losing 6-2 in tonight's replay.

Barnet can point to three controversial goals but the experience and know-how of their Conference South visitors told and the young Bees side - which saw no fewer than eight of the club's successful Under-18 side play some part - were well beaten by the end. 

The Bees fell behind when Steve Cawley turned home from close range before Bernard Mensah scored from the penalty spot to level the tie after 32 minutes.

After the break Concord re-took the lead when Sam Collins thrashed home from 30 yards and Lewis Taaffe soon added a third for the Beach Boys.

Matt Stevens scored his first senior goal from the penalty spot, only for Concord to race into the Barnet half and net a fourth via Cawley.

Late strikes from Mitchell Pinnock and Tony Stokes underlined Concord's superiority on the night.

Seven academy products were included in the Barnet starting XI with two, Tamille Roache and Wesley Fonguck, handed their full debuts.

Stevens and Charlie Kennedy were given their first starts by head coach Martin Allen – the duo both having came off the bench in Saturday's goalless draw at the Aspect Arena.

Sam Cowler, Luke Gambin, David Hunt, Harry Taylor, Joe Gater and Mensah all retained their places, with Adam Mekki coming into the side along with the Under-18 quartet.

Watford loanee Mensah had the game’s first opportunity, collecting a precise ball forward from Roache and manufacturing the space to test Josh Vickers with a low near-post strike.

Six minutes later the Beach Boys took the lead. A low centre from the right was met by Cawley on the run, diverting the ball beyond Cowler.

In the 19th minute the striker almost doubled up when he flashed a cross-cum-shot wide of the far post following a corner, with no Concord player able to divert the ball home.

The Bees had struggled to get into the game after falling behind but the link-up play between right-back Taylor – who had played in the centre of midfield on Saturday – and Mekki offered some promise.

Mekki very nearly made good on that promise when he collected a pass, drifted inside a couple of Concord defenders and picked out Mensah, who in turn fired wide of the near post.

Under-18s midfielder Fonguck almost marked his debut in memorably fashion after half an hour when he strode confidently into the penalty area and smacked a left-footed shot against the inside of Vickers’ far post.

Less than 60 seconds later the Bees were level after their most encouraging period of sustained pressure paid dividends.

The lively Stevens was clearly held back in the penalty area and referee Daniel Cook awarded a spot kick to the Bees, which Mensah duly planted straight down the middle to level.

Two minutes before half time Stevens should have earned Barnet a second penalty when his legs were taken from beneath him inside the box, but referee Cook saw differently and waved away fervent protests.

Barnet had the first opportunity of the second period when captain for the night Hunt volleyed over first time with the aid of a deflection.

Concord re-took the lead against the run of play in the 55th minute, with Barnet’s back four left appealing for a flag which should have been raised for offside.

Gater did exceptionally well to block the initial effort but from the resulting loose ball, Collins arrived first to crash home a half-volley from 30 yards which left Cowler with no chance.

Shortly after the hour mark Barnet again felt hard done by as Concord grabbed their third in controversial circumstances.

After the second phase of a corner saw the ball reach Taaffe on the right-hand edge of the penalty area, the forward stepped inside his marker and stabbed beyond Cowler.

The Bees wasted no time in reducing the deficit though, with Stevens earning a second spot kick for more penalty-area grappling. The 16-year-old stepped up to convert himself this time, dinking the ball straight down the middle of the goal.

However Barnet’s good work was immediately undone as the assistant referee failed to award the most clear-cut of the three missed offside calls as Concord snatched a fourth.

Cawley was the beneficiary, racing into the 18-yard box to drill beyond Cowler at his near post.

Remarkably the Bees almost grabbed their third from the restart, with Mensah only denied by an excellent stop from Vickers at his near post.

Concord helped themselves to a sumptuous fifth late on when substitute Pinnock curled beyond everyone and into the top corner of the net from 20 yards.

The Beach Boys rubbed further salt in the wounds when another substitute, former West Ham United midfielder Stokes, found enough room to poke home a sixth.

Concord advance to the second round for the first time in their history and will travel to Hemel Hempstead Town in the New Year.

Barnet: Cowler; H.Taylor, Gater, Kennedy (Muggleton 58), Roache; Mekki (Harris 65), Hunt (Shomotun 68), Fonguck, Gambin; Mensah, Stevens.

Subs: Cojocarel, Kyei.

Concord Rangers: Vickers; Walker, King, Fry, Glozier; Gardner (Pinnock 40), White, Woodyard, Collins; Taaffe (Stokes 71); Cawley (Miles 71).

Subs: Lampe, Ogilvie.

Referee: Daniel Cook.

Attendance: 354