Despite taking an early lead through Simeon Akinola Barnet could not see the game out for a much-needed victory and succumbed once again to a late goal against Yeovil in a 1-1 draw.

The Bees are now ten league games without a victory but after Akinola had put Barnet ahead with only six minutes on the clock, and with a blustery wind in their favour, the home side looked to be cruising.

Boss Rossi Eames kept faith with the starting line-up that fought back to earn a point in midweek against Mansfield Town, deploying a 3-2-3-2 formation.

Akinola had the first shot of note in the fourth minute and two minutes later following a powerful surge forward by Charlie Clough, the striker found the top corner of the goal with a well-aimed strike for his third league goal of the campaign.

Barnet’s wing-backs, Mauro Vilhete and David Tutonda, were very prominent in the first-half, playing as virtual wingers as the Bees dominated the bulk of the play, yet the visitors did create openings on the break.

In a foray down the left Yeovil’s impressive Otis Khan’s shot was expertly parried over the bar for a corner by the Barnet keeper Craig Ross in the 14th minute.

Olufela Olomola then volleyed over the bar for the Glovers when it looked easier to score.

A brave header by Vilhete would then cause confusion in the Yeovil penalty area but the ball was eventually scrambled to safety.

With the wind now strongly in their favour Yeovil would clearly be a different proposition in the second-half.

In the 54th minute, from a Francois Zoko flick on, Olomola should have levelled for the visitors but Ross and Michael Nelson combined to keep his effort out.

Yeovil’s Nathan Smith then hit the crossbar with a cross from the left that benefitted considerably from the windy conditions but the ball bounced away to safety.

The football was mostly scrappy, understandably so, given the windy conditions.

In the 70th minute, in a rare foray into Yeovil territory Akinola hit a crisp shot that went narrowly wide of an upright and it looked as if Barnet’s determination to keep a clean sheet would see them to victory as the clock ticked down.

With just nine minutes remaining that hope evaporated. Jack Taylor did not find his intended target in midfield and in a swift counter-attack Kahn was set free by Sam Surridge to steer the ball deftly into the corner of the goal from the edge of the box.

In the dying moments Yeovil substitute Rhys Brown went to ground when challenged by Clough with referee Andy Woolmer correctly ignoring any penalty appeals.

It is easy to be over-critical of the Bees at the moment, and while a ten match winless run is alarming, the strong wind was such a crucial factor in each half of the match that it is difficult to evaluate individual and collective performances in such conditions.

Barnet: Ross, Santos, Nelson, Clough, Vilhete, J Taylor, Fonguck, Tutonda, Campbell-Ryce (Amaluzor 87), Coulthirst (Akpa Akpro 45), Akinola (Mason-Clark 85).

Not used: HTaylor, Shomotun, Blackman, McKenzie-Lyle.