Barnet and Bristol Rovers will be ball number 19 in this evening’s FA Cup second round draw after their tie ended in a 1-1 draw at the Hive.

Chris Robson gave the Bees the lead in the 16th minute, but the League One side avoided being the victims of an upset when Chris Lines equalised with a second-half penalty after the visitors played most of the game with 10 men.

The replay will take place at the Memorial Stadium on Wednesday, November 21, kicking off at 7.45pm.

Mohamed Bettamer, who moved to the Hive from Braintree Town on Friday, was thrown straight into the fray as John Still made three changes from the side which lost to Maidstone United the previous weekend.

After Robson had headed an early corner wide, Barnet were handed the numerical advantage when Stuart Sinclair was dismissed for a rash challenge on Wes Fonguck.

The hosts upped the ante with Jack Taylor’s long-range effort well saved by Adam Smith before the keeper had to tip over an Elliott Johnson free-kick. But the pressure was rewarded when Robson headed home Johnson’s fine delivery from the left.

Rovers made a double change to try and get back into the game and one of those replacements, Kyle Bennett, was soon involved as he struck an effort over the bar.

After Mark Cousins had thwarted Sam Sercombe and Fonguck had seen a shot from the edge of the box saved, Rovers thought they had won a penalty when Tom Nichols appeared to have been tripped in the area. However, he was booked for diving, as was Darrell Clarke for his protests.

Barnet took their lead into the break, but they needed a superb save from Cousins when Bennett was through on goal early in the second half to keep them in front.

The home side had a chance to double their lead when Smith raced out to block a Manny Duku shot, but Bettamer was unable to capitalise on the rebound.

That missed prove costly as the visitors levelled just after the hour when Lines converted from 12 yards after Callum Reynolds had conceded a penalty.

The woodwork then took centre stage as both sides were denied by the frame of the goal.

First a Taylor shot hit the crossbar before Cousins tipped Ollie Clarke’s long-range effort onto the bar. That was to be struck again by Sercombe from the resulting corner.

Barnet’s goal continued to live a charmed life in the closing stages when Lines’ superb low effort hit the inside of the post before rebounding to safety as neither side could fine a winner.

Barnet: Cousins; Alexander, Johnson, Reynolds, Robson; Adams, Taylor, Fonguck (Sparkes), Sweeney; Duku (Harrison), Bettamer (Walker). Subs not used: Matrevics, Tarpey, Coulthirst, Tutonda.