Billy Vunipola was on the score sheet as Saracens reached their third European final in four seasons after beating Heineken Champions Cup opponents Munster 32-16.

Saracens' England number eight delivered an official man-of-the-match display, but he was booed most times he touched the ball at Coventry's Ricoh Arena.

Vunipola received formal warnings from his club and Rugby Football Union in the past week after he posted on social media that "man was made for woman to procreate that was the goal no?"

He also liked a social media post from controversial Australia star Israel Folau that stated "hell awaits" for homosexuals.

A few rainbow flags - symbol of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender movements - were visible among a Munster-dominated crowd of just over 16,000.

But the powerful back-row forward claimed Saracens' second touchdown to book an appointment in next month's final against holders Leinster or French heavyweights Toulouse at Newcastle's St James' Park.

Fly-half Owen Farrell was the architect of Saracens' semi-final victory, kicking 22 points, while flanker Michael Rhodes also touched down during a dominant second-half team performance.

Despite wing Darren Sweetnam's try, two Tyler Bleyendaal penalties, a long-range Conor Murray strike and JJ Hanrahan conversion, Munster suffered a seventh successive European semi-final defeat on their record 14th appearance in the competition's penultimate knockout stage.

The stadium resembled a home match for Munster, with their fans considerably outnumbering Saracens' supporters among a crowd that barely half-filled the Ricoh.

The Saracens minority immediately had something to cheer about, though, as Farrell kicked his team into a second-minute lead from 35 metres.

A Bleyendaal penalty drew Munster level seven minutes later, and although jeers accompanied Vunipola's first touch of the ball, Saracens were quickly into their stride as a second Farrell penalty made it 6-3.

Farrell completed a penalty hat-trick in the 27th minute, but a second Bleyendaal strike quickly cut the gap again to three points.

Saracens continued to dominate in terms of possession and territory, yet too often they were let down by a combination of poor handling and resolute Munster defence that had centre Chris Farrell at its core.

Munster drew level three minutes before the break when Murray landed a penalty from just inside Saracens' half, before a fourth successful Farrell penalty made it 12-9 at the interval.

Saracens skipper Brad Barritt did not appear for the second period and he was replaced by Nick Tompkins, but the English champions were not disrupted.

They scored the game's opening try within three minutes of the restart when Rhodes rounded off a sustained spell of pressure.

Farrell's conversion opened up a 10-point lead, piling pressure on a Munster side that had defended impressively, but lacked an attacking spark, before his fifth and sixth penalty successes made it 25-9.

Munster had conceded 10 points in four minutes, and they fell further behind as Farrell's sixth successful penalty surged Saracens on.

But Munster rallied strongly early in the final quarter, setting up camp near Saracens' line before wing Sweetnam scored a try and substitute Hanrahan kicked the touchline conversion.

Munster, though, could not find a way back, and Vunipola touched down eight minutes from time, with Farrell's conversion ending the scoring and sealing an impressive win.