Hendon recorded their third straight draw in the Southern League Premier Division South as Wimborne Town secured a 1-1 result.

Matthew Harriott fired Hendon in front after 32 minutes, but Kieran Roberts levelled from the penalty spot midway through the second half to ensure the spoils were shared.

For the third straight game this season, the hosts were able to name the exact same starting 11 and five substitutes, with no fresh injury concerns on the cards.

Hendon should have run away with the game in the opening 10 minutes – Kam English lost his footing at the vital moment when through on goal and Connor Calcutt had his header saved by Callum Plain.

Charlie Smith was also unlucky to see his effort miss the target, as his deflected cross looped up and hit the top of the crossbar.

After Sam Corcoran’s effort flew just wide, the Hendon pressure finally paid off when they recycled the ball after a free kick broke down. Calcutt’s cross from the right found Harriott, and he slammed the ball past the goalkeeper and defender on the line.

Wimborne finally had their first effort on goal eight minutes before the break, but Roberts’ effort flew out of the ground with little problem caused to Hendon.

The away side created the first opportunity of the second half after just 90 seconds, but Tony Lee wasted a glorious opportunity when he fired over under no pressure at all.

That elusive Wimborne goal did finally arrive, though, and it came from the penalty spot when Howard Hall was penalised for handball as he slid into block.

Roberts stepped up and just about did enough to fire past Chris Grace, and Hendon were heading for their third straight draw.

If any side looked more likely of finding a winner, however, it was Wimborne, but efforts from Luke Burbridge and Billy Maybury ultimately caused no damage.

Hendon reaffirmed themselves in the game late on and almost won it were it not for Plain’s fingertip save to deny Tom Hamblin.

The draw retains Hendon’s unbeaten start to the season, although they will look to secure their first win this Saturday away at Gosport Borough.