Barnet had to settle for a share of the National League spoils after a stalemate with FC Halifax Town at The Hive.

But north London neighbours Wealdstone were left empty-handed on their travels once again after a 3-2 defeat at Chesterfield.

Barnet 0 FC Halifax Town 0

Bees made three changes from their 2-1 midweek win over Aldershot, with Ben Coker and Jerome Okimo in for Reece Hall-Johnson and Finley Potter, as Dale Gorman replaced Marvin Armstrong.

But they saw Idris Kanu pick up the first booking of the day, before heading narrowly wide on 21 minutes.

Harry Pritchard's half volley was saved by Sam Johnson before the Shaymen were awarded a penalty five minutes before half-time.

But Laurie Walker dived to his right to push out the spot-kick from Jamie Stott, before Danny Collinge had a header from a corner saved by Johnson at the other end to keep the scoreline blank at the break.

Bees replaced Anthony Hartigan with Armstrong during the interval, with Zak Brunt seeing a shot from the edge of the box saved on 51 minutes.

Walker produced an excellent save before the hour to prevent Halifax taking the lead, with Kanu making way for Hall-Johnson in the second change for Barnet soon after.

The new arrival saw a left-footed shot saved by Johnson on 62 minutes as Bees went close, but Gorman was then booked.

Pritchard made way for Callum Stead with a quarter of an hour remaining as Bees tried to unlock the visiting defence, with the substitute seeing a volley saved on 79 minutes.

Stead then saw a shot deflected behind after a long run, but Walker had to show great reactions to deny Halifax twice in quick succession at the end of normal time.

Barnet: Walker, Coker, Collinge, Kanu (Hall-Johnson 60), Gorman, Okimo, Kabamba, Pritchard (Stead 74), Hartigan (Armstrong 46), Oluwo, Brunt. Unused subs: Barratt, Potter.

Chesterfield 3 Wealdstone 2

Having produced a poor first-half display in their 3-1 defeat at Dorking in midweek, Stones saw Charlie Barker booked after just six minutes.

Sam Bowen had his name taken soon after, before Ollie Banks fired over for the home side.

But Kyle Smith converted from Jayden Mundle-Smith's low cross to put the visitors ahead on 34 minutes and they maintained their lead at the break.

Corie Andrews was booked early in the second half, with Chesterfield getting back on terms on 53 minutes through James Berry.

Jed Ward denied the hosts a second on the hour, with Alex Dyer replacing Bowen in the first change of the day soon after.

And Stones fell behind midway through the second half as Liam Mandeville found the net, before Michael Jacobs made it 3-1 just two minutes later.

Ward denied Joe Quigley when he went through on goal, before substitute Abdul Abdulmalik saw a shot blocked for Stones after weaving his way through the home defence on 82 minutes.

Dyer saw a long-range effort saved in the second minute of stoppage time, while fellow substitute Sean Adarkwa struck a late, late consolation in the sixth extra minute.

Wealdstone: Ward, Cook, Barker, Charles (Abdulmalik 71), Ferguson, Andrews, Obiero, Smith, Clayden, Bowen (Dyer 65), Mundle-Smith. Unused subs: Barrett, Kretzschmar.