Dagenham & Redbridge claimed a morale-boosting home win over Eastleigh on Boxing Day.

And London rivals Wealdstone and Barnet were also celebrating following good wins on the road.

Dagenham & Redbridge 4 Eastleigh 1

West Ham youngster Keenan Appiah-Forson netted his first senior goal to help Dagenham & Redbridge to victory over Eastleigh at Victoria Road.

Daggers took the lead eight minutes before the break when the ball fell to Inih Effiong on the left side of the box and he fired a thunderous effort into the top corner.

But the visitors were back on level terms just two minutes into the second half when Aidan Barlow struck.

Appiah-Forson, 22, replaced former Hammers striker Freddie Sears just past the hour mark to make his sixth appearance of the season and took just three minutes to find the net, curling into the top corner to restore the home side's lead.

Tom Eastman made it 3-1 on 73 minutes, bundling the ball home after Effiong saw his effort saved.

And Effiong claimed his second with a shot into the bottom corner, before Josh Rees was denied a fifth from Ryan Hill's cross.

After claiming just a fourth home win in the league, Daggers will hope to complete a quick double when the two sides meet again in the return fixture on January 1.

Maidenhead United 0 Wealdstone 2

Wealdstone netted two early goals to extend their unbeaten run to five matches in all competitions.

Only 12 minutes had been played at York Road, when Sean Adarkwa - fresh from a hat-trick in a 4-4 draw with Hartlepool on Saturday - collected the ball near the edge of the box and curled a fine effort into the net.

And Stones doubled their lead just four minutes later when they were awarded a penalty and Max Kretzschmar made no mistake from the spot.

The hosts hit the crossbar from a corner just before the hour mark, but Stuart Maynard's men had few other alarms as they returned to London with all three points ahead of a return meeting at Grovesnor Vale on January 1.

Southend 0 Barnet 2

Barnet got the better of Southend in front of nearly 8,000 at Roots Hall.

Buoyed by their 6-0 derby win over Boreham Wood, Bees took just four minutes to get their noses in front through Reece Hall-Johnson's deflected strike.

The hosts were denied an equaliser by a goalline clearance early in the second half, then had an effort ruled out for offside.

And Bees netted a second goal 12 minutes from time when Harry Pritchard smashed home a penalty.

The two sides meet again at The Hive on Saturday.