EDGWARE Town will be playing football again in two years time after the club was forced to move from their White Lion ground.

Town plan to play the Spartan League Division Two when the 2010/11 season kicks off and the Times understands the Wares will groundshare but the club remain tight lipped about with who.

The Wares resigned from Ryman League Division One North as well as Middlesex and FA Cup competitions last season because of continuing financial problems which meant they were unable to confirm that they had a ground secured.

However, because the Wares were never dissolved they are able to continue to use the Edgware Town FC name and are still recognised by the Middlesex FA.

Edgware Town have had an allustrious history since their formation in 1939 and have seen the likes of former Luton Town striker Brian Stein, Barnet-born Leyton Orient striker Scott McGleish and Ex-Barnet striker Anthony Thomas grace the White Lion.

Despite their off-field problems, The Wares almost reached the playoffs last season and won an impressive treble of Spartan South Midlands League, the Premier Division Cup and the Challenge Trophy in the 2005/06 season.

The club's secretary, Paul Gregory, said: "I am sure that Edgware Town will repeat their previous successes. It has been a long running saga. It's pathetic that one of the best grounds in the area has been allowed to fall into rack and ruin. There is rubbish everywhere and it seems people have just been allowed to flytip. It is an absolute disaster."

He added the club house had been broken into and vandalised and rubbish is strewn all over the pitch meaning it would be too expensive for Edgware Town to move back to the White Lion.

The club's last game at that ground was a celebrity pro-am match in aid of boss Del Deanus, who was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease, which featured former Tottenham striker Les Ferdinand, Ex-Arsenal midfielder Paul Merson and Ex-Chelsea defender Frank Sinclair.

The Wares came to national prominence when they successfully overturned a refereeing error that denied Town an equalising goal when they took Harefield United in September 2006.

Referee Mark Tweed disallowed a penalty claiming encroachment by an Edgware player and awarded the visitors a free kick.

However, a similar incident occured in a World Cup Qualifying Match which led to FIFA ordering a replay of the fixture.

Edgware demanded that the Middlesex FA follow suit and in March the game was replayed and the result was a goalless draw.