Barnet’s winless National League run was extended to 14 games after a 2-1 loss to Aldershot.

The hosts battled back from a goal down to return to winning ways after two successive defeats.

Following a goalless first half, Michael Petrasso opened the scoring for the visitors when heading home an Anthony Wordsworth cross in the 53rd minute.

His effort was then cancelled out by in the 61st minute by Jamie Sendles-White, who converted Toby Edser’s cross.

Aldershot’s victory was sealed in the 72nd minute when Mohamed Bettamer fired it into the bottom left corner from a free-kick.

The defeat was the Bees second in four days after they had been beaten 2-0 by league leaders Torquay United at the weekend.

Ben Whitfield provided the opener in the eighth minute when taking a cross from Asa Hall and driving a low shot from the edge of the box past Barnet keeper Scott Loach.

Jake Andrews then sealed the victory in the 83rd minute when benefiting from an Adam Randell run and placing the ball in the bottom-right corner.

Barnet remain bottom of the table, one point behind Dover Athletic, who have three games in hand on the Bees.

Manager Tim Flowers was not in attendance for the defeat to Aldershot, after the club revealed he had a non-Covid related illness.

Instead Assistant Manager Gary Whild took charge of the side for the game at the EBB Stadium.

Flowers however was in attendance for the defeat to Torquay and felt there were some positives to take from the performance, despite the defeat.

“They’re top for a reason and we’re bottom for a reason,” he said. “When they score as early as they did, it’s a poor goal, let’s be fair. It’s too easy to slide a pass through there, it’s a good finish but it’s not good defensively.

“After that I thought we did very well. I thought we got some good balls into the box, I thought we caused them problems, certainly aerially, crossing from good corners, I thought we pressed well.

“I thought we had energy up top and legs and pace and we could have probably nicked a couple ourselves.

“The second half I thought we started okay, I thought the impetus went out of us a little bit.”